Monday, November 17, 2014

A letter....

My dad and I hiking when I was 6.....

Greetings and salutations my dear readers of the page,

It has been a long time since I have been on here, and while I was gone a lot has changed in my life. I can safely say that it has officially been the worst year of my life and I simply cannot wait till that clock strikes midnight on new years,....

My dad passed away on September 1st of this year....for many of you know (or may not know) I never really speak of my family on this site. I usually try to keep it light, but I just needed to be real today and tell you how close my family is and how devastated we are that my dad is no longer here. Not a day goes by without me thinking of him, and wishing I could just see him one more time. He was not only my dad, but my best friend. The only person besides my husband who truly understood me. We could talk about anything, laugh together, he showed me how to be a true fine artist, and he was one of the most creative people I have ever met. I owe who I am to my dad, and the hole in my heart is deeper then I ever thought possible....

I have been thinking a long time about what to do with this site, and I think I will keep it up and start to update it about once a week. If nothing else, I really need distraction in my life from thinking of him. I don't think that is healthy, but that is the way I choose to deal with grief.

Know that I love you all, I thank you all for always reading this random little site, and I will see you in a couple of days with new topics.


xxoxoxox

Nerdychick