Monday, January 28, 2013

Top 5 Worst Super Bowl Halftime Shows Ever!

I Swear It'll Be Live!

On Sunday, February 3rd America's favorite excuse to pig out 
(The Super Bowl) will broadcast live on CBS.
Personally I could care less about sports and all the lame ass teams, but to humor my husband I watch with "interest", counting down the minutes until the Superbowl Halftime show occurs.This years show in my opinion is a huge step down with Beyonce leading the pact, and a not so secret of a possible Destiny Child's reunion!....I know I'm not excited either.
Don't get me wrong, I love my girl groups, I was a huge fan of En Vogue back in the day and I love the Supremes, But I just could not get behind the lame songs of DC, believe it or not Bootylicious just didn't do it for me.


With that said, In honor of the greatest show on earth, here's my personal list of the Top 5 Worst Super Bowl Halftime Shows Ever!


5.The Black Eyed Peas and Usher
(2011)

Black Eyed Peas is good at one thing...what that is yet I haven't figured out, but until then enjoy their Super bowl halftime show where they shout into the mic, barely dance and Fergie sings a painfully drunk (maybe?) / off key rendition of a Guns and Roses classic "Sweet Child of Mine". I have no idea why they broke up, they are so.....good....
















4.New Kids on the Block ,Warren Moon and It's a Small World 
(1991)

If I were to die tomorrow and go to hell, I'm pretty sure this is where I would end up.
Complete with Sexually friendly New Kids on the Block,Characters dressed as football players, a butt load of cheesy lip syncing and 2000 children on the field make this not only Micheal Jackson's wet dream, but one of the most brilliant cringe worthy Super bowls ever.
















3.Gloria Estefan & Olympic skaters Brian Boitano and Dorothy Hamill 
(1992)

You think that with the crap-tastic awesomeness of the 1991 performances they could have picked something better, but oh no folks you were wrong! They went bigger, cheesier and even lamer! Kids rapping,thousands of baton dancing, a marching band, hockey team, Estefan's cheesy songs and of course Boitano, I don't know how this could go wrong!
Pt.1 Video














Pt.2.Video (Gloria Estefan)
















2.Patti Labelle, Indiana Jones, Tony Bennett and The Miami Sound Machine (1995)

Disney created this whole halftime show to promote the new Indiana Jones ride at Disneyland...because theatrics, Tony Bennett and football mix! Patti Labelle is great but Tony Bennett singing a ballad surrounded by people in tribal gear just doesn't quite mesh well, and throwing in the damn sound machine doesn't help either. 
Enjoy this 11 minute big ass commercial!

















1.Up With People 
(1976) (1980) (1982) (1986)

Up with People is a educational organization that tries to build a bridge of cultural understanding through volunteer work and musical shows...who doesn't love getting educated during football?! I know I do! While I can respect their mission, I cannot overlook the watered down pop song covers or even their original pieces of crap, cheesy "drink the kool-aid" smiles and robotic dancing. I am honestly shocked they were a staple for FOUR Super Bowls! It truly boggles my mind that they thought this was a good idea...for FOUR Super Bowls! I was originally going to post only one video of their shows, but since all four years are pretty equal in their lameness, I'm going to post all four! 
(It's okay, You can send me hate mail later!) 
Enjoy the worst Super Bowl Performances Ever!!! xoxoxox
www.upwithpeople.org

1976 Performance

    












1980 Performance
















1982 Performance 












1986 Performance












Honorable Mention:
Goes to my favorite car crash of all time, the halftime show at the Orange Bowl with Ashlee Simpson! Awkward dancing, screaming into the mic, and trying to look like an actual singer just makes this worthy of an honorable mention!

Maybe she should have lip synced this...just a thought...
















What do you think of the list? Agree or Disagree? 
Who would make your awesomely bad list? 
Sound off in the comments below!

and HAPPY SUPER BOWL!! XOXO

1 comment:

  1. Ugh, that one by The Black Eyed Peas sticks in my head. Fergie seems to only know how to scream when they perform live. Every time I've had the opportunity to see them live I remember that halftime show and opt out.

    ReplyDelete